Easy Homemade Pizza Dough (Calabrian Pepperoni Pizza & Pesto-Sausage Pizza)
For the Pizza Dough
- Vita Ice Lemon Lime for serving
- 2 ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. Instant Yeast
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
Pizza Topping Ideas
- For the Calabrian Chiles Pizza: Pizza Sauce, Shredded Mozzarella, Fresh Mozzarella Slices, Diced CalabrianChiles, Sliced Pepperoni, & Fresh Basil
- For the Pesto-Sausage Pizza: Pizza Sauce, Shredded Mozzarella, Fresh Mozzarella Slices, Cooked Ground Sausage,Pesto, & Fresh Basil
To Make the Dough
- Combine 1 ½ cups warm water, the salt, and instant yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let sit for 5minutes.
- Add the flour and use the hook attachment to knead the dough until a sticky ball, about 3-4 minutes. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- After resting, transfer the dough to a floured surface to knead by hand 1-2 minutes, until a smooth ball. Place the dough ball in a bowl greased with olive oil, cover, and set aside in a warm environment for 1-2 hours, until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces, shape into a tight ball, and sprinkle with flour so it is not sticky to touch. Place the dough balls in individual bowls or in a large container, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge overnight (at least 6 hours and up to 3 days in advance).
To Assemble and Cook
- We recommend letting sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before shaping. Shape your dough to personal preference, add your favorite toppings, and bake until the edges are golden brown.
- If using a pizza oven, cook according to manufacturer’s instructions. If using conventional oven, bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes on a pizza stone or hot sheet pan.
- TIP: Using semolina and flour will help keep your pizzas from sticking to your pans when preparing the toppings.
- Enjoy immediately with Vita Ice Lemon Lime for a complimentary refreshment!