Korean-inspired Sticky Beef Tacos
For the Beef Tacos
- Vita Ice Strawberry Lemonade for serving
- 4-8 Tortillas warmed and charred
- 1 lb. Steak flank or sirloin (let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes)
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2” Fresh Ginger minced or grated
- 1 tsp. Chili Crisp Oil or Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
For the Cabbage Slaw
- 3 cups Shredded Green Cabbage
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 Jalapeno de-seeded and chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
To Make the CabbageSlaw
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
To Make the Beef Tacos
- Heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering, about 1-2minutes.
- Season the steak with salt and black pepper on both sides. Add to the hot skillet to sear 2-3 minutes on each side, until crisp and browned.
- Remove from heat to rest 5 minutes before slicing into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the minced garlic, ginger, soy sauce, remaining olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, chili crisp oil, and sesame seeds into the same skillet. Bring to a boil and let cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add the sliced steak back into the skillet with the sauce and toss to finish cooking to desired doneness, about 2-3 minutes.
- Layer the warmed tortillas with the sticky beef, cabbage slaw, and (optional) avocado.
- Enjoy with Vita Ice Strawberry Lemonade for a complimentary refreshment!