Sundried Tomato & Garlic Confit Grilled Cheese
Garlic Confit (3 servings)
- ½ cup Garlic Cloves peeled
- 2 springs Fresh Rosemary
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Vita Ice Black Raspberry for serving
- 2 slices Sourdough Bread
- ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 slices Aged White Cheddar
- 1-2 slices Mozzarella
- 1-2 tbsp. Softened Butter
To Make the Garlic Confit
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add the garlic cloves and rosemary to a small baking dish. Cover the garlic cloves with the olive oil. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until soft and golden in color.
To Make the Grilled Cheese
- Combine the garlic cloves (removed from the olive oil) and finely chopped sundried tomatoes in a small bowl. Smash with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- Butter the “outer” sides of the sourdough bread slices. On the “inward” side of a bread slice, spread a generous slather of the sundried tomato-garlic confit mixture. Add the sliced cheeses and sandwich with the second slice of bread.
- Add the sandwich to a heated griddle over medium heat to cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden in color and crisp.
- Enjoy warm with Vita Ice Black Raspberry for a complimentary refreshment!